Muskegon Civic Theatre is seeking an individual for the position of Administrator of Education.
The Administrator of Education assists the Artistic Director with the administrative operation of theater arts education programs and is responsible to the Managing Director. In support of the Mission of Muskegon Civic Theatre, the Administrator of Education works cooperatively with the Artistic Director to provide creative and innovative development and implementation of MCT’s educational programs for students of all ages, nurturing the creative spirit, the inquisitive mind, and a life-long appreciation of theatre and the arts.
- Assist the Artistic Director by securing and scheduling instructors for all youth theater arts classes, camps, and programs.
- Assist the Artistic Director by securing and scheduling of instructors for adult theater arts education classes and workshops.
- Assist the Artistic Director in the development of guest artist workshops for a diverse population of both youth and adults in all areas of theater arts including on-stage, off-stage, and backstage skills in order to provide future support for MCT productions.
- Responsible for writing and administration of grants in support of the Education Division and its programs.
- Assist the Managing Director with the preparation and distribution of all promotional, marketing, and development materials related to the Education Division.
- Assist the Artistic and Managing Directors with oversight and facilitation of Muskegon Civic Theatre’s Penguin Project.
- Responsible for staffing and preparing of MCTtours productions.
- Responsible for the scheduling of the
MCTtoursperformances in area schools.
- Responsible for all correspondence with both the parents and students of MCT’s Education Division.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the Artistic Director and the Managing Director as the needs of Muskegon Civic Theatre evolve.